Over 75 Years of Manufacturing
National Radiators Limited was established in New Zealand in 1934 by National Radiators Pty Ltd (now Natra) based in Melbourne Australia.
Within a few years National Radiators Limited had become the OE supplier of complete radiator assemblies for the motor vehicle assembly plants at Ford Motor Company and General Motors.
Rapid growth in the early years resulted in the building of a new factory in the mid-1960s, in the new industrial development at Rongotai. National Radiators kept pace with technological and design advances to become the primary supplier of OE radiators for all of the motor vehicle assemblers in
New Zealand. The company earned a strong reputation for quality and service. Applications ranged from trucks, cars and forklifts to automotive heater packs and radiator pressure caps.
From the beginning National Radiators Limited supplied Cellular and Tubular cores suitable for vintage vehicles. Then, with the purchase of Lewis & Brownie Industries Ltd (formerly Philip Lewis Ltd and C.A. Brownie Ltd) in the mid 1970s, National Radiators Limited expanded the scope of core configurations to include the Harrison 5/16" Hexagon core, suitable for many vintage applications including Austins, Chevrolets, Hudsons, Buicks, Whippets, Talbots and many more.